After over 50 years of management, board and practitioner level experience in commercial business, social enterprise, and the public and voluntary sectors, together with 20 years as a freelance Business Advisor specialising in co-operatives and social enterprises, I am now retired from offering business advice, but I’m continuing as a Co-op Researcher and Activist.
- I have considerable experience of all sorts of research associated with the co-operative, social enterprise, economic development, social housing and social care sectors:-
- I have published reports on a variety of subjects. See:- https://www.alex-bird.com/download-publications/research-reports/
- I have links with a range of specialist co-op academics across the UK and have been published in academic journals:- https://ukscs.coop/journal
- I have considerable writing and presentational experience, and have spoken at many conferences, running workshops and speaking at plenary. I have worked closely with many campaign managers on charitable and political campaigns, and edited a Wales-wide Trades-Union journal, Union Eyes, for 8 years, as well as delivering training, speaking at Conferences and appearing on live TV and Radio.
- I’ve spent my career at a senior level in Nationalised Industry, Worker Co-ops, Local Government and the Charity Sector, so I come with a strong commercial background and bring realism and experience to everything I do.
- I am a Member of the Institute of Economic Development, and operate to their Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
- I am always happy to meet up and discuss any prospective projects, so see in what way I can assist you. An initial meeting is always free of charge
Follow me on Twitter @CoopAlex3
Follow me on Mastodon @CoopAlex@toot.wales
Follow me on Research Gate at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alex-Bird-6