- Trained as an Engineer, my career has spanned Power Generation, Printing, Economic Development, Social Care, Co-operative Business Development, and now Research and Campaigning.
- Presentation I have considerable writing and presentational experience.
I have been an occasional visiting lecturer at both Cardiff Met. and Cardiff University.
- Campaigning I have worked closely with many campaign managers on charitable and political campaigns
From 1986 to 1995 I edited a Wales-wide Trades-Union journal, Union Eyes, for 8 years
I have spoken at many Conferences and appeared on live TV and Radio, notably for the BBC Breakfast TV launch of the New Deal for Line Parents in 1998.
- Management I have over 4 decades of experience in Commercial Business, Nationalised Industry, Co-operatives, Social Enterprise, Public and Voluntary Sectors at Board and Practitioner level.
From 1995 to 2000 I was Community Enterprise Development Officer for Cardiff County Council
In 1998 I was seconded to be Special Projects Manager, Wales, Prince’s Trust, Business, managing the New Deal for the Self Employed contract across Wales where I was given a special award by JobCentre Plus.
- Co-operative Business I ran a successful printing co-operative in Cardiff for seventeen years, see:- http://www.radicalprintshops.org/doku.php?id=fingerprints
- Public Policy I was a member of the Welsh Assembly’s Social Enterprise Ministerial Advisory Group from 2010 until it was wound up in 2013
- Leadership For five years I was CEO of The Innovate Trust, a charity which provides a range of services to people with disabilities.
Until 2019 I was Chair of Cardiff YMCA Housing Association, running the largest homeless hostel in Wales, and a member of Glas Cymru’s Members Panel, the non-profit company that owns and runs Welsh Water
I chaired Co-operatives & Mutuals Wales (the representative Council for the Co-op Movement in Wales) from 2002 to 2015,
I chaired the Prince’s Trust Wales local Grants & Loans Committee from 1999 to 2002
I launched and Chaired social firms Wales from 2002 to 2005
I have been a Board member of the Wales Co-op Centre, Promo Cymru, Cymorth Cymru, Social Firms Wales and Social Firms UK
I chaired the Advisory Board for Cardiff Institute for Co-operative Studies at the School of Management at Cardiff Metropolitan University,